Skip to main content

Hoodie Reports

I had not kept the receipt for the Regatta hoodie that pilled so much within a couple of wears that I did not feel comfortable in it outside the house. An email following my report on the hoodie confirmed that I could not return it. 

"I am sorry to see how the fabric on your Regatta Kizmit II Fleece has started to pill. We do aim to make reliable products of a high quality so it is disappointing to see how yours has become defective in this way.

Unfortunately, as you alluded to in your email, we would require some form of proof of purchase to be able to assist you further in providing a replacement. I do apologise for any disappointment that this may cause. I would like to thank you for sending this image in to us however, and I will pass it on to the design team for their consideration. We do appreciate feedback of all kinds as it allows us to perfect and refine our products for the future." 

I was going to cut up the Regatta hoodie so that at the least I had a pattern. This proved unsuccessful - lots of tatty pieces.  Binned!



The only retrievable item was the lace that had gone around the hood. Whoop!


The publication of the Stella Hoodie pattern by Tilly and the Buttons coincided with the demise of the Regatta nasty. I decided to make a hoodie and I learned a lot. 

  • Choose the main fabric wisely. I purchased mine online in a  "sale" from Minerva. Although it had good reviews from earlier customers - some described it as luxury - it was not suitable for leisure wear. Stretch cord - but quite stiff. A reason it was in the sale might also have been the colour and pattern as you will see later.
  • Choose a hood lining that has a colour match in it. I chose from my stash in dim light and asked someone's opinion who was keen to watch sport on tv  rather than look at fabrics. That's my excuses but really I knew I was "making do".
  • Practise more with the overlocker ...





Oh dear! Now to try again......

Next: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Another Purse For Hair Accessories

Hairbands