Skip to main content

Shift Dress

 Tempted by the word "simple" on the cover of Simplicity K8293, I purchased Sew Magazine in order to get the pattern included in the pack.


I hoped to make a tunic similar to the Seasalt ones I have in my wardrobe so I chose view D.

On checking the pattern I wasn't sure about the instructions about how to neaten the interfacing around the zip.  Over to Youtube and a search for "sew interfacings shift dress" took me to a full tutorial by Aneka Truman of Made to Sew on how to make a shift dress that is almost identical to K8293. (Aneka's pattern is called Copen.)

It is an excellent tutorial. It takes a long time to reach the instructions regarding interfacings that I was looking for but I learned a lot by watching all. 

Note there is a Facebook Group especially for users of the Copen shift dress pattern.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Another Purse For Hair Accessories

Hairbands