Skip to main content

Toddler's Purse




Based on a purse I saw when browsing Pinterest. The original was made by Crystal .

Crystal provides clear instructions and lots of photos.

It is well worth looking at Crystal's blog as she has lots of tutorials for cute items to stitch for children (Stitched By Crystal ) . Crystal provides clear instructions and lots of photos.


This is how I made my version of the toddler's purse..

I needed

fabric for the outer and the strap

fabric for the lining

interfacing

trimming - I chose bias binding

fastener - I chose to use magnets at first - didn't attract - resorted to a stud.



I cut a 33 inch length of fabric 2 inches wide to make a cross body strap. Folded and ironed a crease down the middle length ways. Folded the long edges in to the centre crease. Ironed. Folded length ways again. I chose to top stitch the strap in white but the joins threw out the stitching. Until I have mastered top stitching I will use thread that matches the fabric.


I ...

Cut 2 circles from the main fabric.


Cut off the top of one circle about one inch above the middle.


Cut the same shapes from the lining and interfacing.


Ironed the interfacing to the back of the main fabric pieces

I stitched a folded length of pretty bias binding facing inwards around the edge of the right side of the outer fabric pieces. The folded edge of the bias tape was about an eighth of an inch away from the fabric edge.

Stitched the smaller piece to the outer with right sides together.


Repeated with the lining pieces leaving an opening at the bottom ready to turn the finished bag.


With the main bag right side out I sewed the open sides of the strap close to front side edges. Ensured the strap was not twisted and the loop was hanging downwards.


Sewed the front of the lining to the back lining. Placed the main bag inside the lining so that right sides were facing each other. Pinned and basted before sewing.


Turned the bag right side out through the hole left in the lining. Sewed the hole in the lining closed.

Pressed.


Added a stud and a bow.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Another Purse For Hair Accessories

Hairbands