Skip to main content

Bibs Galore!



Above are three "baprons" and a long sleeved bib.

Baprons

I first found the pattern and tutorial for a bapron on the blog "Craftiness Is Not Optional". The author says she can make a bapron in half an hour. I am much  slower but the results have been appreciated. 

I use remnants or quilting material bought in "fat quarters" for the facing . Originally I backed my baprons with toweling and edged with bought bias tape. After lots of washes, however, I found that some toweling started to sag and some bias tapes puckered. Now I prefer to back with light fleece fabric and to make my own bias tape.




Within a gap in the need for baprons I lost my pattern.  

There is a You Tube tutorial for a bapron here. Though the author does not use the same material to make her baprons she kindly offers a free pattern that can be used with many fabrics.  

(Download: From the comments -" https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwhanluvxshx6g7/Bapron%20SW.pdf?dl=0 No it is free, my design and style of the bib apron is different from what I can see/ have been shown." Kari Herbtique)

Another site with a tutorial and free pattern for a bapron/art smock for older children can be found at All Our Days

Bibs With Sleeves

I made my fist bib with sleeves as a special request for a mum who had bought a plastic one from a supermarket and found it very useful when her child was at the self weaning strage and throwing her food  around. The plastic and its binding was not surviving well in the wash. I cut it into its separate parts - sleeves and front and made a paper pattern. Since then I have made many. Again I back the front with micro fleece. The bib pictured at the post of this post is one of two made from one of my husbands's old shirts.

Since making my pattern I have found free tutorials and patterns at  Fleeting Thing and Fave Crafts  .



The backs of the sleeved bibs are secured with press studs. I do not use velcro because it tends to catch on other items in the wash.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Another Purse For Hair Accessories

Hairbands