Skip to main content

Bits and Bobs

Bibs and bags again! I'm finding that they are more popular than my attempts at dressmaking. Here are a few things I've made in the last couple of weeks:

A waterproof bib -

I've had this material in my stash for nearly two years. I bought it in a sale in an Aberkhan Mill shop in North Wales but I've not been brave enough to try it on my sewing machine. I cannot believe how long it took to make - 20 minutes! The fastening should go on the right but I have turned the bib over and put the fastening on left because I prefer the elephant on the front to the giraffe which is now on the back! I'll take more care cutting out if I make another waterproof bib. 

The free pattern is by Bonnie who has made the pattern available in sizes: Infant, Toddler and Big Kid as a pdf download from her website at Fishstick Designs.  I used the Toddler size although the bib is for a seven month old as I like the length when baby is attempting to feed herself.




Another patchwork bib - using the same free pattern as the waterproof bib above. 

(Edit: In looking up where I found the pattern I have found the super tutorial on making this a reversible bib here at Fishsticks Designs.



A bib with sleeves
I'm not sure that the time it takes to make these sleeved bibs is worth the effort.


A named bag

Lined and with a press stud fastening to prevent most items from falling out if the bag it tipped upside down!

The other side of the bag:

Wondering about making bags for children in our family ready for shopping in December. Too soon?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Christmas Threader

Another Purse For Hair Accessories