Skip to main content

Fleece Hats and Neckwarmer

Reversible Beanie



I made this beanie following the clear you tube instructions of Vanessa Vargas Wilson. ( Crafty Gemini).Vanessa has provided free a downloadable pattern in child and adult sizes.




I made the next pattern myself. Lots of problems. I wanted to recreate a hat similar to one:

I bought it from a craft stall many years ago. The original is made from double faced fleece. I couldn't find a stockist so I created my own with the blue patterned fleece and the thick blue.

Some of the seams of my creation simply would not fit under my machine sewing needle so I had to hand sew. Tough going! Lumps and bumps to smooth out everywhere. Didn't bother with applique - I was too pleased to finish a wearable item.

I finished most of the remnant of patterned blue fleece by making a neck warmer. A rectangle with a buttonhole fastening. Sometimes fondness comes from finishing something quickly.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Another Purse For Hair Accessories

Christmas Threader