Skip to main content

Crafty Sewing Machine


I have bought the Crafty sewing machine from Aldi. It is the same as the 

TuffSew Platinum Industrial Strength Electronic Sewing Machine and the Necchi MP200



Diary of Use:

So far I have only watched the videos linked below, unpacked and threaded the machine.


Overview of the machine

Fancy stitches

Letters, Numbers and Symbols

Creating a buttonhole

Overlocking stitch for stretch fabrics


Threading ( Tim Wappat created this video and posted it in the Facebook group So Crafty (Aldi) Sewing Machine Tips & Advice)


Advice (Picked up from friends, sewing groups and someone I met while buying fabric)

Threading the needle: 


As usual I was slow and awkward threading  - not all down to machines I have used as my eye sight is a problem. Here is the advice I got:
  • Check the needle is completely down and foot up
  • pull down the threader
  • twist the unit so that metal goes around needle and small hook goes through the hole
  • put thread around metal hook near the white unit and pull across the needle 
  • make sure it hooks under the small hook through the eye of the needle
  • twist unit to pull metal hook which is through the needle to the back - this should pull a small loop of thread through the eye.
  • don't worry - many users have to jiggle the threader a little bit sometimes before achieving success.
The video in this link includes threading the needle.

Creating Labels
  • Back with interfacing before stitching
  • Put in 66 as a spacer number to spread out letters.
Free Motion Stitching
  • To lower the feed dogs there is a lever at the back of the machine.
  • When you wish to return to normal state do not worry when the feed dogs do not raise immediately - they will come back up when you start to stitch.
Sewing Stretch Fabric

Thread Breaking?  
  • use stitch 2 and a jersey needle 
  • Sometimes the thread gets out of the loop that moves up and down with the needle (just left of the tension disks) and then the threads snap. 
General:
  • When changing a needle cover the feed dogs with a cloth or paper - I have heard of several people who have had the mishap of a needle dropping through the plate.
  • if you need to remove the plate it is easiest to turn the machine to unscrew from the back (I haven't tried this.)


I'll add more to this post as I progress. I am currently, however, getting through a pile of unfinished items that I started on my older machine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Christmas Threader

Another Purse For Hair Accessories