Skip to main content

Denim Pinafore

My daughter kindly bought me New Look 6504 because I have an ambition to make a reversible pinafore dress. 



I decided to use some denim first and just line it with a pretty flower fabric.

I pre-washed the denim and cut out age 4. It was not until I started to add applique that I noticed there was a fade line all the way down the front . It looked like a fault but it was probably caused by the light on the material when it was folded on the bolt. I will definitely check next time I buy a strong colour fabric.

I decided to make a feature of the fade line by putting it in a tiny fold. I compensated by sewing the front fabric in the closest side seam slightly narrower.

The applique design was from  aboutneedlework.com.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Christmas Threader

Another Purse For Hair Accessories