Skip to main content

Christmas Pinafores

First Christmas pinafore in a Christmas tree print. Father Christmas buttons. Lined in white.

I had issues with the machined buttonholes on the shoulder straps. Seams tend to throw out the automatic procedure and the machine starts to sew on the spot.
Advice offered on the internet -
- make horizontal rather than vertical buttonholes
- start from the bulkier end of the strap
- gently put your finger on the front of the button foot as it does its work.

I took the advice plus I trimmed the seams very close to the stitching with pinking shears on a second pinafore. I did not have the problems with buttonholes. I think I have chosen fiddly buttons though!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Christmas Threader

Making a Bag Sewing Diary