Skip to main content

Simply Skirts



Two little skirts for a four and a half year old.
I referred to Dana on MADE Everyday  (Youtube tutorial) for the construction of the pink skirt then made a separate underskirt. The skirt fabric is baby cotton cord and the underskirt is polycotton.



I finished the hem with a row of hearts but I should have used thicker or contrasting thread in order for it to be noticed.

Underskirt:


I made the blue skirt from the best cotton fabric I had in my stash. It was going to be a dress for me but the size of the the little dots in the pattern suited a little skirt more.




I watched Dana on MADE Everday to make the hidden pockets and I lined the skirt with polycotton.


I added the front band and buttons because without them the skirt looked too plain.




The basic skirt could be made in a jiffy.  Dana boasts of making one in 12 minutes. I enjoyed taking much longer.

The additions I like most: The frill on the pink underskirt; embroidery stitches on the lining of the blue skirt; the pockets on the blue skirts and the front band and buttons.

Guessing the waist and length size could have been a problem as the skirts' new owner lives a long way away. Referring to charts found on the Crafterhours blog  have hopefully solved the problem.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Christmas Threader

Another Purse For Hair Accessories