Skip to main content

Leona

 This is my first attempt at sewing a Leona from the Fibre Mood magazine edition 17. It took a a bit of time to get used to how the patterns are presented, to trace and then to remember to add the seam allowance on each piece. I like to think of new exercises as stimulation for my brain cells - they need it.

Leona is a flashback to the '80s with huge batwing sleeves. As usual I'm disappointed in my sewing skills at the neckline. (Sewhouse 7 Toaster Sweater 1 is still my go-to when I need cheering up. I've made eight so far and I have been happy with them all!)

This Leona is made with french jersey. I need to press it but at the moment I daren't in case I make the neck worse!

For examples of lovely Leonas search the internet - particularly Instagram for #fibremoodleona


Update: I followed  advice from a lady called Janie in a sewing group  on Facebook - 

"Have you tried a good blast of steam around the back of the neck binding? Works miracles."  

and I'm now pleased with the result! I really have been lazy about using my iron.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Christmas Threader

Another Purse For Hair Accessories