Skip to main content

Sunhats for Children



The hat above matches the tunic top made from the free Izzy pattern that will be linked on another post. I was pleased with the result at first but now I think I would like to tone down the colours.

I bought the material that I used for the hat below on Birmingham market. Originally I was going to make another tunic top but when I pre-washed the fabric it creased heavily and frayed. I could not imagine having to continually press the garment after each wear. It has made a good hat though.

Before sewing I I overlocked the edges of each piece so that there would be no fraying. If I had not got an overlocker I would have used a zigzag stitch around each edge before sewing the pieces together.




I lined this hat with the same material.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue V9246 Pattern Review

Another Purse For Hair Accessories

Hairbands